Sunday, February 23, 2014

Speech Reflection

After watching my speech on the blog, I feel that overall I did a good job with my proposal. That being said I also found a few things that I need to work on to improve my speeches in the future. To start, I will talk about some things that I think I did well in my speech and were also an improvement from my speeches last semester. I feel that I sounded much more confident in my Shark Tank speech than I did in either of my speeches last semester. I also played with my hair a lot less and did not do as many of my nervous ticks as I normally do during speeches. As far as improvement goes for my speeches, there are a few things that I picked up while watching my speech. One of the biggest things that I feel I need to work on is eye contact with the audience. I seemed to look at my note cards a lot as a reference as well as the PowerPoint that I made. I originally decided to make the PowerPoint so that I could make talking about something like a radio station a little more interesting. After watching my speech though, I am not sure that I will do that again in the future. Although I did seem to play with my hair much less than I did last semester, I still did a few times throughout the speech so I still need to work on that. Finally, another improvement that I need to make is using filler words like “um” when making my speech. I think my presentation went as I expected and overall I think I did a good job presenting the information I had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment